Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

New toys...

Just a quick post. Received a new shiny +PrimeSense PS1080 Structured Light 3D camera today. 

This little fella is going to be mounted on the Robotic logging platform and replace the Kinect that's currently installed. The advantage with using this is instead of the kinect is:
1 - The mount it more sturdy
2 - It's a smaller
3 - Can be powered directly through the USB
4 - Hopefully it'll also use less bandwidth (see previous post for Kinect bandwidth issues http://what-the-pixel.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/logging-pc-v2.html)

I was hoping to just plug-and-play with my previous logging software but alas it didn't work. I think +OpenCV needs to be recompiled for it to work.

I'll probably post a walkthrough on here when I come to getting this thing working.

No comments:

Post a Comment